Welcome

Welcome to my family's recipe blog! Each month we're going to have a new category of recipes. This month just send me something that you've had recently or just a family favorite!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Banana Bread

I got this recipe from a lady that I lived next door to my whole life. I'm still yet to find a recipe that I like better than hers. She makes the best banana breadHer biggest secret was to use incredibly ripe bananas, like almost rotten bananas. I still can't quite figure out why her big loaves turn out different than mine but they do. So I stick to mini loaves which turn out great.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 bananas (the browner, the better)
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vinegar
Notes / Directions
Cream butter, sugar, and eggs. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix till smooth. In a separate bowl, mash bananas. Stir them into batter. Measure milk and add vinegar, mix a little before adding to batter. Grease 4 mini loaf pans and pour in equal amounts of batter to each pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
*You can make 2 regular sized loaves with this same recipe. Cooking time is the same.
 
~ Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...