Welcome

Welcome to my family's recipe blog! Each month we're going to have a new category of recipes. This month just send me something that you've had recently or just a family favorite!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Traditions

Every Christmas Eve growing up we always had clam chowder, oyster crackers, stuffed celery, and crackers and cheese for dinner.  We pulled out our crystal wine glasses for eggnog and cherry 7up and our fine silver stemware (this is the only time of year that we use the glasses and stemware).  The dinner table was always simply but beautifully set with a vibrant red table cloth.  In the center of the table was a tall candle in a slender red vase with candle sticks on each side.  Every Christmas eve, we light the tall candle before dinner and then blow it out when it's time for bed.
After the beautiful dinner, we gather in the living room for Christmas stories and the opening of one gift (almost always new pajama pants made by mom).  Us kids always fell asleep, scattered around the floor, during the stories.

Then of course, Christmas day.  Santa always puts little boxes of cereal all over our Christmas tree :)

Up until this year, I thought these were just my little family's traditions!  But upon asking my grandma and aunts, it turns out that they do about the same thing too!  All these wonderful traditions that's I've known my whole life my dad experienced as a little boy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...